I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and my role. I am the School Based Youth Health Nurse and am employed by Children’s Health Queensland. My role is to promote health and wellbeing to the whole school community (students, staff and families) in order to maximise positive health outcomes for young people. It is a confidential and voluntary service.
I am available Monday and Thursday each week and alternate Wednesdays.
What do I do?
- Confidential 1:1 consultations
- Referral to appropriate organisations if required
- Classroom presentations
- Health promotion activities
- A resource for staff, students and their families
Students can self-refer or be referred by staff or parents.
The support I can offer includes:
- Mental health concerns
- General health issues
- Relationships (personal, friends and family issues)
- Growth and development
- Sexual health
- Alcohol and other drugs including tobacco
If you have any questions or want to refer your child please contact the school and leave a message and I will return your call.