Our School Based Youth Health Nurse (SBYHN) is employed by Children’s Health Queensland. The role of the SBYHN is to promote health and wellbeing to the whole school community (students, staff and families) in order to maximise positive health outcomes for young people. It is a confidential and voluntary service.
Our SBYHN, Jackie, is located in C Block and is available Monday and Thursday each week and on alternate Wednesdays.
Services that are available to students and our school community are:
- Confidential 1:1 consultations
- Referral to appropriate organisations if required
- Classroom presentations
- Health promotion activities
- A resource for staff, students and their families
Students may wish to speak with Jackie about a range of issues including:
- Mental health concerns
- General health issues
- Relationships (personal, friends and family issues)
- Growth and development
- Sexual health
- Alcohol and other drugs including tobacco
Students may self-refer or be referred by staff or parents.