BYOD is an important and exciting opportunity for students to undertake their curriculum while developing the digital skills they will need for life beyond school.
To participate in the program, student-owned laptops will need to meet minimum specifications. This is to ensure they will operate on our network and run the designated software. It is important that families read this information carefully before choosing a device for use in BYOD@CSHS.
The benefits of BYOD learning:
- BYOD encourages independent learners as students have all the necessary tools and resources at home or at school. No “I left it at home (or school)”!
BYOD learning offers relevant ways to support student learning that can be transferred to the workplace, including respectful, appropriate use of mobile devices
BYOD learning is more portable, personal, collaborative, interactive, differentiated and contextual
BYOD learning creates a stronger connection between school and home
BYOD learners are often more engaged with their learning
BYOD participation options:
- BYOD 1 Supported choice - onsite service and support
- BYOD 2 Own choice - self-managed
- iLearn - school laptop loan program
- LearnIT- academic excellence program in Years 8 and 9
Participation in any of our BYOD options
Bringing to school and connecting to our network a privately-owned device comes with a range of roles and responsibilities. In addition to providing a device that meets minimum specifications, students participating in BYOD@CSHS will be expected to comply with the programs' Participation Agreements.
Enquiries about our BYOD options are welcome at: