If a student is going to be absent from school, please notify the school of your child’s absence prior to 9.00am each day. Details must include student name, parent name, form class and reason for absence.
If no notification has been received by the school the student will be marked with an ‘unexplained absence’ and parents/guardians will be notified via our message service.
Parents and guardians may use either of the following:
- Student absence line: 5498 0160
- Student absence text message: 0451 562 283
- Student absentee line via the main school number, 5498 0111 (option 2)
- Should you be unable to leave a message, please contact the main school number to speak with a member of staff.
- QParents App - please only use QParents for full day absences.
To confirm the absence, please reply to the text message and the information you provide will be updated.
Please note that students leaving early and arriving late contribute to total student absences. Absences of more than ten days in a year can seriously affect academic progress and the certification that students will receive from the Queensland Studies Authority (QSA).