ABOUT US & OUR TEAM
Our library team consists of Mr Boxall (our school's teacher librarian), Mrs John and Mrs Jorgensen.
The library is also supported by around twenty library assistants. These students, from Year 7 through to Year 12, generously offer their time and perform important jobs before school, during lunch breaks and after school. To enquire about becoming a library assistant please visit Mr Boxall or Mrs John in person.
Our Mission Statement
We support, we enrich and we innovate!
The library is central to enriching and supporting teaching and learning at our school: we make the difference today... for tomorrow.
- We create a safe, welcoming, flexible work space that promotes a positive work ethic
- We provide a rich collection of up-to-date print, AV, online resources, and technologies that is responsive to the needs of staff and students in a changing world
- We promote and celebrate a reading culture
- We collaborate with other teachers to design lessons, learning experiences and quality assessment that promote the development of life-long learning and information literacy
- We develop systems that promote the efficient use of library resources within the school and beyond
- We value our skilled, committed and caring team; staff and students alike
Our Library Facilities
Our modern, air-conditioned library offers its users access to the best physical, digital and online resources. Our opening hours: 8.15 am - 3.45 pm Monday to Friday. You may call the library directly on 5498 0157.
Key features include:
- comfortable reading and work areas, all with wireless connectivity and laptop access
- two computer labs
- a huge collection of the latest fiction, non-fiction, audio-books and eBooks, the latter available through our eReaders
- an interactive online library that is a virtual "one-stop-shop" for information, support and enrichment
- Fiction collection
- Kindle eBook collection
- Non-fiction collection
- Professional collection
- Online library
- Resourcing units and assignments
- Lessons on information literacy and referencing
- In-class support to develop research and computer skills
- Collaborative curriculum planning and assessment development