Reading rocks: new books
Click the links below to view a brief description of some of the latest books we have in our library.
New Books and Trailers January to April 2020
New books and trailers September to December 2019
New books and trailers April to August 2019
New books and trailers January to March 2019
Reading rocks: 2020 challenge
Year 7, 8 and 9 students who like to read are invited to take part in the 2020 Reading Rocks Challenge and win big prizes at the end of the year. Each month, Mr Boxall will set a new challenge (reading different authors/reading different genres/participating in reading competitions) then students will meet during the term to discuss and log their reading. Challenges are listed below:
- Term 2 and 3 Challenge: successfully complete the Premier's Reading Challenge and receive 100 points + 10 points per 100 pages read.
- Term 2 Challenge: read a book about diseases, viruses or epidemics and get 10 points per hundred pages. See the display in our Junior computer lab.
- Whole year challenge: read a book from our classics collection and get 20 points per 100 pages
- Whole year challenge: write shelf reviews (using one of the templates provided) and get 20 points per review
- Whole year challenge: read a book from the New Books section or the lists above, and get 5 points for every storybook read and 5 points per 100 pages